US leaves consulate general in Chengdu, China

By: Muhammad Abbas

44

BEIJING/WASHINGTON: United States has left its Consulate General in Chengdu on Monday after China were ordered on Friday for closure of the consulate, the Chinese Foreign Ministry has confirmed.

The closure of US consulate general in Chengdu is a retaliatory step against US, after giving 72 hours last week to vacate Chinese consulate from Housten.

The Ministry said that, Chinese authorities took over the control of the building premises on Monday by entering from front gate.

Spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry Wang Wenbin said in a live press conference, that “US is totally responsible for the current situation in US-China relations, and China is not desired to see it”.

Chinese consulate in Houston were accused without any proof by White House for spying and stealing data from hospitals, research centres and universities.

Moreover, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called the Chinese move in the 21st century that it was slowing down China’s momentum.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.